Job Title: Carbon Project Development Associate
Reports to: Carbon Project Manager
Location: Nashville, TN (Hybrid)
Start Date: December 4, 2023
AgriCapture is a mission-driven company that certifies Climate-Friendly practices on farms, ranchlands and grasslands and quantifies associated emissions reductions, enabling producers to generate revenue for their sustainable management practices. By certifying agricultural products as Climate-Friendly and developing carbon credits, we serve corporations who are reducing and offsetting their GHG emissions while empowering consumers to consciously select Climate-Friendly products. AgriCapture was recently awarded a $7.5 million grant from the USDA to build a market for Climate-Friendly commodities.
As the Carbon Project Development Associate, you will play a critical role in developing, managing, and advancing our carbon offset projects, particularly those under Verra and the American Carbon Registry. This role is ideal for a candidate who is deeply committed to agricultural sustainability, has experience in carbon project development within the agriculture sector, and possess a strong desire to immerse themselves in carbon policy, including current trends, federal regulations, and emerging market developments.
- Support the planning and execution of carbon offset projects in alignment with Verra, Gold Standard and American Carbon Registry methodologies and standards.
- Engage with stakeholders, including farmers, ranchers, academic partners, and regulatory bodies to promote and expand carbon project initiatives.
- Stay abreast of national and international carbon policies, agricultural trends, federal regulations, and private market developments, to inform project strategies and company direction.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate carbon offset projects with broader company sustainability products and initiatives.
- Develop project documentation, including project design documents, monitoring reports, and verification documents in compliance with relevant methodologies and protocols.
- Contribute to business development efforts, leveraging carbon market insights to support new products and go-to-market strategies.
- Communicate complex carbon management and policy information to a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, in a clear engaging manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Agricultural Science, Climate Policy or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in carbon project development, preferably in the agricultural sector and with direct experience working with Gold Standard, Verra, American Carbon Registry, and/or Climate Action Reserve.
- In-depth understanding of carbon markets, carbon policy, and project development processes.
- Exceptional research skills with the ability to analyze and synthesize environmental policy and market trends into actionable strategies.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work-environment.
- 100% of employee medical premiums company paid
- Employer HSA contribution
- Coverage for Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- Identity Theft and Prepaid Legal coverage options available
- Competitive Pay
- Time away: Flexible PTO and paid holidays
- Parental leave
- 401k with company match
- Allowance for office equipment
- Monthly happy hours, weekly lunch catering, and office snacks and drinks
AgriCapture is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. AgriCapture recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.